近日,剑桥大学出版社-英语教育全球销售总监:Paul Colbert进行了一个简短的采访,其中对近期热议的有关剑桥雅思10的发布时间,网上流传剑十样张的真伪以及考生如何高效利用好剑10做出了精彩的解读,下文是详情配套的文字说明。
采访稿翻译整理:
Welcome, Paul!
欢迎Paul的到来!
Thank you, Emily. Hello, everybody!
谢谢Emily!大家好!
So, Paul, when is CUP (Cambridge University Press) planning to launch Cambridge IELTS 10?
Paul,请问剑桥大学出版社计划什么时候推出第十套剑桥雅思真题集(以下简称“剑十”)呢?
Ah, Cambridge IELTS 10 will launch internationally on April 30th.
嗯,剑十将会于4月30日在全球发行。
Okay. Is it going to be the same day all over the world?
全球所有地区都在同一天发行吗?
It will be launched all over the world on the same day and the books will then start to appear in market 2 of May.
是的。剑十会在全球同步发行,然后纸质书籍预计在5月2日上架。
Right. But the question is there has been pictures of sample chapters on the internet which are claimed to be from Cambridge IELTS 10. Is that even possible?
好的。但现在网络上已经出现一些号称剑十样张的图片。您觉得这些有可能是真的吗?
No! Any materials that are appearing on the internet are fabrications or indeed pirates. Again I repeat, the book itself is only launched on April 30th, and will not be in the market until May.
绝对不可能!任何目前在网络上出现的内容都是伪造的山寨信息。我再重申一遍,剑十只会在4月30日当天发布,5月之前绝不可能在市场上出现。
Thank you for the clarification!
感谢您帮我们澄清事实。
You are very welcome.
不客气。
So how many editions are we expecting this year with book 10?
那这次第十套剑桥雅思真题集会有几个发行版本呢?
Eh, I’m pleased to say there are two editions. There is an International Edition, and there is a China Edition as well.
剑十将会有两个发行版本。一个是国际版,一个是中国地区版本。
Are there anything particular about the China Edition?
中国版有些什么特别的地方吗?
Ah… the China edition is exclusive to New Oriental, and the book can be… the legitimate books can be easily recognized as they will include the CUP logo, they will reference our exclusive relationship with New Oriental, and will also include the New Oriental logo.
中国版是我们授权由新东方教育科技集团独家引进的。这个版本——我说的是正版——很容易辨认:它上面会有剑桥大学出版社的logo、会有新东方独家引进的申明,同时也会印有新东方的logo。
Right. We’ll be looking forward to it.
好的,我们都很期待和这本书见面。
As are we.
我们也很期待。
The last question I’m asking on behalf of the test takers: what advice would you give them to get the most out of the book?
最后一个问题我是替所有雅思考生问的:您建议考生如何能最高效的使用这本书呢?
The book includes four authentic complete tests, prepared by Cambridge English Language Assessment—the official test writers. It also has extra reading and writing materials. The book is being designed so that it can be used in a course, or in the… partly for self-study. But if people apply themselves to this book and take the appropriate teaching and support, I’m sure they’ll have a successful experience in taking the IELTS exam.
剑十内容包含了4套完整的真题,编写人员都来自剑桥大学外语考试部,也就是雅思官方出题者。书中还包含了一些额外的阅读和写作的内容。剑十的设计既能满足培训课程的需求,也能够部分用来自学。考生只要能认真的使用剑十,同时辅以适当的培训和支持,相信一定能在雅思考试中获得成功。
Thank you very much for the information, and thank you for being here today!
好的。谢谢您分享了这么多信息,谢谢您来到现场!
I’m delighted! Thank you, and good luck to everybody! Good luck! Bye!
很高兴来到这儿。谢谢,也祝考生们好运!再会!
Bye!
再会!